Ryan Chow's Blog™

A Place Where Voice is Made

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Window Starter ? Killer of netbook users ?



What i can conclude is Window starter is the worst window version that i never use before. Dull screen. Dull function. Dull sound. Dull theme. and many more dull after you have tried on it. As what i acknowledge that nowadays most netbook will be come with window starter. Netbook itself already lacking of function and having a small screen resolution but if it enchanted with Window Starter, the world most worst scenario will be created.

Recently, I get myself a free new netbook which is HP MINI 110 from the streamyx company by signing up the internet package. I was so excited to unbox the HP MINI and power up it. After a tired and long installation, finally comes to the stage of start using it.
First thing I enter the screen of the window starter, i straight away and also without thinking much to right click and change the picture of the screen of window starter. I cant find myself the word of properties or anything that can change my theme picture. I really screwed up at that moment. I told myself i will abadon the HP MINI if i cant find anyways to change the wallpaper. This is the first major problem faced by the creation of the FCUKing window Starter by Micsosoft.
Another information from the Retrovo's blog which posted title of “is Microsoft trying to kill the netbook market” says it all.
For some region, the purchasing of the netbook with edition of $80 to upgrade to WIndow Starter. This is really pissing off people. “I think most users will feel angry with having to pay the $80 for an upgrade to get those features,” said Andrew Eisner, a director with Retrovo.
Besides the desktop wallpaper problem, there is also problems like The Window Aero theme is not included in this version, and it is not available in a 64-bit variant. It also doesn't support .NET FRAMEWORK and many more which i could not finish stated all right here. All features of WINDOWs 7 are shown in the table below :


If i'm given a opportunity to choose either Window 7 Starter or a downgrade of Window Xp SP3. I will choose Window XP without any doubt.
By the end of this year, I will decide whether to reformat my HP MINI to either Mac OSX, Window XP or Window 7 Home premium. Therefore, i conclude my statement with Window 7 Starter Edition is a failure creation by Microsoft company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment